One of the major causes of road accidents is the habit of people drink and drug driving. In fact, when you come to check the statistics of road accidents, the root cause is considered as the problem of drinking and consumption of drugs that an individual takes and drive which results in road accidents. A lot of concerned authorities are also seen promoting through their media campaigns the negative aspects of right drink driving course which results in severe accidents and in most cases, death. In order to guide you of the rink drive assessment and such problems related to drink driving, we are here to enlist some important information for your ease.
Laws in Australia regarding Drink Driving
It is very important to enlist the basic laws before we move on to anything else as a refresher is very crucial for the targeted audience;
- Legal blood alcohol concentration in Australia is 0.05.
- Zero BAC is a legal requirement for people who are truck driver, bus drivers, taxi drivers or those who are on learners or probationary license.
- Anyone who loses their license of driving due to committing an offence of drink driving are entitled to install alcohol interlock in their cars in order to get relicensing as a condition.
- Even if a learner is not caught of drinking but the one sitting on passenger seat is drinking, it is still considered as an act of crime under drunk driving.
There are severely high penalties for those who break these rules which may include heavy fines, losses of driving license, imprisonment and so on.
Factors that Influence Blood Alcohol Concentration
- Type and quantity of alcohol that has been consumed by a driver
- Frequency of drinking vs. the last time a person drank
- Quantity of alcohol remained in a person’s stomach
- The health condition of the liver
- Metabolic rate of a person
The penalties that have been stated by the law for any person who is drink driving assessment Dandenong whether there has been any past such offence or not usually include license cancellation and making it mandatory for such people to install an alcohol interlock for a stated time period till relicensing occurs. There are several categories for these penalties depending upon your level of drinking, frequency of committing such crimes or the level of BAC found in you. However, as a serious offence if incurred, you may be imprisoned for a certain period of time or may have community based orders as per the decision. There may also be chances of a heavy fine that one may have to pay as a punishment.